Παρασκευή 22 Ιουνίου 2018

The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld #6) by Gena Showalter

7519472The Darkest Lie (Gena Showalter)


SUMMARY

 

Forced to his knees in agony whenever he speaks the truth, Gideon can recognize any lie - until he captures Scarlet, a demon-possessed immortal who claims to be his long-lost wife. He doesn't remember the beautiful female, much less wedding - or bedding - her.


MY REVIEW


Gideon: Demon of Lies
Butterfly: on his right thigh
His curse: Well, lying actually. He cannot say a single truth without suffering.

Scarlet: Demon of Nightmares
Supernatural ability: Scarlet is half goddess as the daughter of goddess Rhea and a Myrmidon warrior. She is also the keeper of Nightmares and for that reason she has a butterfly tattoo on her upper thighs. Apparently the Lords are not the only keepers of the demons that escaped Pandora’s Box. Thus, she is using the nightmares to defeat her enemies, especially during the night time when she is extra strong.

I absolutely hated this book. I think it is the worst book from the Lords of the Underworld series and one of the worst ever written. Extremely badly written. Awful. I don’t know how I managed to finish it. I had to try really hard.

Hahaha I am sorry I could not resist talking like Gideon…


You see, whatever Gideon says he means exactly the opposite. This may drive you crazy when you read this absolutely brilliant book trying to understand what Gideon is talking about. But it will also cause a lot of laughing out loud moments.

The anger seemed to drain from him, something hotter, sultrier taking its place. Those rasping pants never slowed, and in between them, he said, "You're so unbelievably...ugly." The last was offered hesitantly, as if he feared she wouldn't understand what he was trying to tell her. "You don't make me ache. You don't make me hunger for so many things. Dirty things. Wicked things."

It seems that Gideon is an eye candy: He likes tattoos. Besides the butterfly that signifies his demon, he has several others like a pair of red lips on his neck, a pair of eyes above his heart and on his waist the words “To part is to die” above a bouquet of red flowers.
Oh and he has blue dyed hair. And several piercings.

Scarlet while she is the keeper of nightmares, she is extremely funny. Although she has no last name, she uses the last names of the actors she has a crush on:

"Well, I've been calling myself Scarlet Pattinson for several weeks. Have you seen Robert Pattinson? Hottest. Man. Ever. And no, I don't care if that makes me a cougar.”

"I was Pitt for a while," she said. "Then Gosling. Then Jackman. Then Reynolds. I always go back to Reynolds. He's my fave. That blond hair, those muscles..." She shivered. "Let's see, who else? Oh. I've been Bana, Pine, Efron and DiCaprio, as well. DiCaprio is another fave. And another blond, for that matter. Maybe I have a thing for blonds."

"Oh, and I'm not into girls," she continued, "but Jessica Biel could change my mind. Have you seen her lips? So yes, I've even been Scarlet Biel."

Scarlet and Gideon will be an awesome couple.
They will have many funny moments, but I have to admit that I cried a lot as well when I was reading this book. It seems that they both had to grow up and live with lies their entirely lives. Surprisingly Scarlet had to endure more lies than Gideon.

My favorite scene of the book is when they discover that their demons i.e. Lies and Nightmares are also in love.
And the funniest quote comes from Gideon when he discovers that his demon is a girl, while Scarlet’s demon is a boy:

"My demon's a girl?" Gideon said, astonished. Truth. He'd just spoken the truth, but he wasn't suffering. Did he realize?
"You didn't know? I've always known mine was male."
"Clearly you're the smarter of us."
Their eyes met, and they shared a husky laugh.




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου