Τρίτη 4 Δεκεμβρίου 2018

Obsidian (Lux, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

12578077Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout


SUMMARY


Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I’d pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring… until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something… unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon’s touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I’m getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don’t kill him first, that is.


MY REVIEW


13143299LUX=
a unit of illumination OR
‘light’ in Latin OR
a planet far far away in a distant galaxy with inhabitants that are made of light and energy

When am I absolutely sure that I will love a book/series?
1. When it has more than 180000 ratings
2. When there are more than 15000 reviews in goodreads
3. When its average rating is more than 4 stars
4. When many of the popular young adult reviewers hate it, but they still read it in order to write bitter ("funny"?) reviews about how horrible this book is

But that’s just me. I just love naïve stories that try to copy other successful books and major film blockbusters….. Hahaha…NOT

This is a brilliant book! I don’t find easily good young adult romance sci-fi books. This is an exception, which I loved from the first until the last page. It is read easily, although it is sci-fi.

What did I love?

The chemistry between Daemon and Katy is off the charts

Holy Hawt Chemistry, Batman!

Dee, Daemon’s sister is adorable:

“Oh my God.” I gripped the cool marble of the sink until my knuckles throbbed. “My best friend’s an alien.”

And teenager hormones are all over the place:

I leaned over the table and turned my plate upside down over Daemon’s and Ash’s heads. Chunks of noodles and spaghetti sauce fell. Most of the red gunk hit Ash and the noodles covered Daemon’s broad shoulder. One long, stringy noodle slid over Daemon’s ear and hung there, flopping around. There was an audible gasp that rang out through the surrounding tables.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου