Παρασκευή 27 Νοεμβρίου 2020

A Court of Thorns and Roses (A Court of Thorns and Roses #1) by Sarah J. Maas

 A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas


SUMMARY


Feyre's survival rests upon her ability to hunt and kill – the forest where she lives is a cold, bleak place in the long winter months. So when she spots a deer in the forest being pursued by a wolf, she cannot resist fighting it for the flesh. But to do so, she must kill the predator and killing something so precious comes at a price ...

Dragged to a magical kingdom for the murder of a faerie, Feyre discovers that her captor, his face obscured by a jewelled mask, is hiding far more than his piercing green eyes would suggest. Feyre's presence at the court is closely guarded, and as she begins to learn why, her feelings for him turn from hostility to passion and the faerie lands become an even more dangerous place. Feyre must fight to break an ancient curse, or she will lose him forever.
 


MY REVIEW


“I love you,” I said, and stabbed him.

...and I hardly slept last night

Well, if you love fairytales and/or Fae stories which include lots of
-Sacrifices
-Despair
-Magic
-Internal love and passion
-Tests of true love

Then, this book is for you.

There is
-a monster in this book hidden behind an unmovable mask and
-a poor maiden (kind of) with a worthless father and
-a library and
-a rose garden and
-a curse

So naturally this story will remind you of “The Beauty And The Beast”.

The monster needs to be saved from a horrible curse and of course only true love can save him.
But what if Tamlin, this monster, represents everything that Feyre, the maiden, hates.

It does not matter. Love will find a way because Feyre has a pure soul and an innocent, caring heart.

“Dance, Feyre,” he whispered.
So I did.


There will be no thorns between them. Only love and commitment.
-even if there will be a few moments with doubts and regrets.

“I suppose it’ll be easier if I’m gone,” I said, looking away from him. “Who wants someone around who’s so covered in thorns?”
“Thorns?”
“Thorny. Prickly. Sour. Contrary.”
He leaned forward and kissed me lightly. “Not forever,” he said onto my mouth.
And though I knew it was a lie, I put my arms around his neck and kissed him.


I suppose it was fate, karma, destiny for Tamlin and Fayre to meet and fall in love.

“I love you,” he whispered, and kissed my brow. “Thorns and all.”

And it was fate, karma, destiny for Tamlin and Fayre to say goodbye.

He leaned through the open window to caress my cheek—and I could have sworn that I felt my heart crack.

Fayre only found out after she fall in love that fairies can lie.

“Of course we can lie. We find lying to be an art. And we lied when we told those ancient mortals that we couldn’t speak an untruth. How else would we get them to trust us and do our bidding?”

Don't worry Tamlin tryly has loved Feyre. That's the reason he will send her away. To protect her.
And Feyre has loved Tamlin. That's the reason she will fight with giant worms, dance for one of their worst enemies, beg and crawl, be broken and in prison, give away her life, give away her innocence and save the lands behind The Wall.

“So,” he said wearily, “here we are, with the fate of our immortal world in the hands of an illiterate human.” His laugh was unpleasant as he hung his head, cupping his forehead in a hand, and closed his eyes. “What a mess.”

Not a mess at all! the ending will be glorious as all the endings of fairytales should be.
So, if you want to read a pleasant lovestory/fairytale with a bit of adventure and a bit of heartbreaking and with lots of sugary love, better stop at the book “A Court of Thorns and Roses” and don't continue with this series.


... because There you are. I’ve been looking for you.

... because Feyre has met Rhysand who
-treated her like trash “I never thought you’d actually dabble with mortal trash.”
-bound her life to his life “I’ll heal your arm in exchange for you.”
-changed her forever “What have you done to me?”
Plus
-He has wings
-He is the ultimate tattooed bad boy.

And maybe Feyre will prefer the night and the stars to the roses and the sunlight.




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου