Πέμπτη 4 Ιανουαρίου 2018

Consequences (Consequences #1) by Aleatha Romig

12368985Consequences (Aleatha Romig)


SUMMARY


Every action has consequences.

Waking in an unfamiliar bedroom in a luxurious mansion, Claire Nichols is terrified to discover that a chance encounter led her into the cruel hands of her abductor, Anthony Rawlings. Claire has no understanding of why she's there, but it's been made abundantly clear--she is now his acquisition and every action has consequences.

Learn the rules to survive.

Facing incomprehensible circumstances, Claire must learn to survive her new reality--every aspect of her livelihood depends upon the tall, dark-eyed tycoon who is a true master of deception. Driven by unknown demons, he has no tolerance for imperfection, in any aspect of his life, including his recent acquisition. Anthony may appear to the world as a handsome, benevolent businessman, but in reality Claire knows firsthand that he's a menacing, controlling captor with very strict rules: do as you're told, public failure is not an option, and appearances are of the utmost importance.

Captivate the captor.

To fit together the pieces of the puzzle, Claire must follow his rules. Will her plan work, or will Anthony become enthralled by Claire's beauty, resilience, and determination, changing the game forever? If that happens, will either of them survive the consequences?

Nobody ever did or ever will escape the consequences of his choices.--Alfred A. Montapert
 


12416934MY REVIEW


Oh God…How do I review this book?

Do I like stories with over the top assholes, stalkers, controlling freaks, abductors? I DO. THE MORE LUNATIC THE BETTER.
Do I like heroes that behave like monsters, but they have a soft spot for their woman and they sincerely feel guilty when they hurt her? I DO
Do I like tortured heroines that at some point develop a backbone and they fight back? I DO
Do I like stories with Stockholm syndrome where the girl falls in love with her rich and famous abductor and they live happily ever after? I DO
Did I like “Infidelity” series by Aleatha Romig? I LOVED IT! I STILL LOVE IT AND I HOPE 5 MORE BOOKS ARE RELEASED.

So why did I have problems finishing this book?
Why it took me almost 30 days to finish it?
Why I wanted to scream “Oh for f@ck’s sake. Get to the point”?
Why it was a torture reading even just 10 pages per day?

Well, it is long. Definitely. It is slow. Absolutely.

Yes, many things will happen to poor (literally and figuratively) Claire Nichols by ruthless Anthony "Tony" Rawlings who is rich, famous and a real sadist.
Yes, they will eventually fall in love (as it seems...but are they?). And just maybe Claire is a masochist.

But all these details… About the mansion. Her room. The forest. Her clothes. The brands. The wedding dresses. The actual wedding. His car. His plane. His flat. The city lights. Her lunch. Her dinner. The wine. Their holidays. Arrrggghhh!!!!

I could endure anything.
Her tolerance. His aggression. Their fucked up relationship which somehow made sense. But everything was so so slow.
I suppose the writer was trying to create tension. Maybe?
Or she was trying to emphasise the end result. Maybe?

So why 5 stars? Because it really deserves it. The ending was awesome. The writing is original. I have never seen a similar book. I may have read similar stories, but not executed like this.
The last 100 pages changed the whole picture and they have sent Tony to the first place of the most manipulative disgusting sons-of-bitches I have ever read.

Will I read this book again? Definitely NO. It may take me two months to finish it the next time.

Will I read the next book? Definitely YES.
Because I have got it already :).
Because I am curious and I don’t like leaving stories unfinished.
And because after I saw the real Tony, I want to see the real Claire.

This review has become a long internal monologue, but I think I will leave it like this.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου