Τετάρτη 9 Ιανουαρίου 2019

Fixed on You (Fixed #1) by Laurelin Paige

25438059Fixed on You (Laurelin Paige)


SUMMARY


Stalking and restraining orders are a thing of Alayna Wither's past. With her MBA newly in hand, she has her future figured out --move up at the nightclub she works at and stay away from any guy who might trigger her obsessive love disorder. A perfect plan. But what Alayna didn't figure on is Hudson Pierce, the new owner of the nightclub. He's smart, rich, and gorgeous --the kind of guy Alayna knows to stay away from if she wants to keep her past tendencies in check.

Except, Hudson's fixed his sights on her. He wants her in his bed and makes no secret of it. Avoiding him isn't an option after he offers a business proposition she can't turn down and she's drawn further into his universe, unable to resist his gravitational pull.

When she learns Hudson has a dark history of his own, she realizes too late that she's fallen for the worst man she could possibly get involved with. Or maybe their less than ideal pasts give them an opportunity to heal each other and finally find the love their lives have been missing.



MY REVIEW


17828418"...you’re looking for something temporary. Something fun to play with.” I leaned even closer to deliver my punch line—the one that would deter even the horniest of men. “And I get attached.” I stood back up to my full height so I could take in his reaction. “Now doesn’t that just scare you shitless?”

I’d expected to see panic flash through his face. Instead, I saw a flicker of amusement. “You, Alayna Withers, do anything but scare me.”

Alayna is one of my most favourite girls and this is one of my favourite romance series.
Alayna is different. She is definitely not like the rest of the main female characters in the romance novels. She is NOT normal. She is not stupid. Some people may say that she is crazy. But she is just extraordinary and unique. She knows what she wants, she knows how this will end up and she stays away.

“I’m going to rock your world”

In this story I really preferred the female character and I was at her side supporting her all the way, while I wanted to punch Hudson's face and make him bleed from the first time we met him in book 1 until the last page in book 3 -although, book 3 is another story, full of twists.

Alanea is a survivor. She has her personal psychological problems like obsession with old boyfriends and she will possibly be obsessed with any future boyfriends. She also has low self esteem. They had press charges against her in the past and now she has been under restricting order. She fights against her obsessions and her herself. She wins so far. She has decided that she will never be obsessed again with anybody. She will never fall in love. Only sex, she will never give heart and soul.

On the other hand there is Hudson, a rich playboy who is a maestro in breaking hearts. Because he is a sociopath. He knows it. Everybody knows it. He has had professional help about this problem. He admits it to Alanea. At the same time he has a proposition for her. It is simple:

“What exactly would you want me to do?”

“Pretend we’re a couple. I’d invite you to several gatherings where my mother would see us together. I’d expect you to hang on my arm and behave as though we’re madly in love.”

“And that’s all?”


That way his family will leave him and in return he will pay all Alayna's student loans. Moreover he warns her that he hurts people and he is incapable of loving anybody.

Alayna needs the money and she also likes what she sees and so she agrees. It is only a game after all and plain sex. Nobody will get hurt. She has made a promise to herself that she will never fall in love.

A guy who cannot love and a girl who always loves too much, more than she should.
This is the recipe for lots of angst.

“No romance? I can do that.”

Hudson leaned back on the front of his desk again. He raised a brow, amusement in his eyes. “Are you also incapable of love?”

I met his gaze and ignored the little voice in my head telling me to run. “No, just the opposite. I love too much. Keeping love out of the equation is a very good thing.”

“Good. No love.”


And then the lies begin and the secrets. And then more lies and more secrets and more lies on top of the lies.

I admit that there is a happy ending in the book. Everybody is happy. A brand new beginning for everyone. But then you already know there is a second book. And your stomach hurts a bit because you have a really bad feeling about the things that will follow...Hudson is still around after all.

“We’re really doing this, aren’t we? Moving forward.”

“We are.”

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου