Παρασκευή 29 Ιανουαρίου 2021

Allison and the Torrid Tea Party (Harem of Hearts #2) by C.M. Stunich

Allison and the Torrid Tea Party (Harem of Hearts #2) by C.M. Stunich
SUMMARY


Holy fucking hearts.
Did you just read that?!
If you did, I need your advice.

I met fallen angel princes; I met a Savage Duke; I met a Cheshire Cat.
And remember—how could you possibly forget—I'm the fabled Alice from the prophecy.
Just a twisted, dark version of the girl in Lewis Carroll's old books.

Except in those books, there was a happy ending.
In those books, Alice wasn't dating nine very different, very beautiful men.
But now that I've met the King of Hearts and the Mad Hatter, I'm not sure who the real bad guys are.

I'm the only one who can turn Underland back into Wonderland again.
But if I have a chance to escape the blood, the death, and the intrigue in this place, should I take it?
I'm Allison Liddell, and I've got a choice to make: stay here and fight the darkness, defeat the Anti-Alice, and survive the Torrid Tea Party ... or run.

Tweedledee says I can change the world.
So if you're reading this, will you help me decide what I should do?
I want to go home, but I can't leave this place as broken as I found it, now can I?



MY REVIEW


"My Queen of Hearts," the King says, and there's this break in his voice that tells me all I need to know. I was right: I bruised his ego. He fucking wants me, doesn't he? "I told you that you were meant to be mine."
He takes off down the hall before I can figure out a retort.
Doesn't matter anyway, because all I can think to say is: no, you were meant to be mine.


Allison will finally meet the crazy King.

"Did the king order you beheaded?" I ask, narrowing my eyes. I've read the book; I've seen the movie. Isn't that what the Queen of Hearts always says? Off with their heads?
"He said it, but he doesn't mean it," Tee growls as Dee wheels in a cart and heels the door closed with his boot. "He likes our pain and suffering too much to end it."


Still she tries to save the Underland because of the Prophecy.
Still she has loyal men who follow.
Still she is not sure who to trust.
Still she organizes mad tea parties.
Still she is thinking of going back through the Looking-Glass and forget about Underland.

Her all-male harem so far includes:
Dee and Tee the angel princes,
The Red King,
The Cheshire Cat,
The White Rabbit,
The March Hare,
The Mad Hatter,
The Caterpillar,
The Duke of Northumbria.

All of them have special powers and some of them can transform. To be honest I was sometimes lost with all these characters.
And everything is weird and weirder than the first book which I think that I liked more because it was based on an original idea.
In Allison and the Torrid Tea Party everything and everyone are weird for the shake of being weird without making much sense. That is the reason it took me almost one month to finish the book.






Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου