Τετάρτη 20 Φεβρουαρίου 2019

All I Am: Drew's Story (This Man, #3.5) by Jodi Ellen Malpas

All I Am: Drew's Story (Jodi Ellen Malpas)


SUMMARY


I thought I had control. I was so, so wrong...
I don't need a relationship. I have Hux, a decadent club where I quench whatever raw desire I choose. I take pleasure and I give it - no strings attached. So when Raya Rivers comes in asking for someone cold, emotionless, and filthy... well, no man ever takes his wicked pleasure quite the way I do.
Only Raya is different. Vulnerable. And carrying some deep sorrow that gets past all my carefully constructed walls and inexplicably makes me care. Now craving controls me. Ice has given way to red-hot need.
But Raya has no idea about my other life - my real life. That I'm daddy to an adorable little girl. My two worlds are about to collide with the force of a supernova. Once Raya knows the truth, will she be able to accept all I am?


MY REVIEW


34850243I don't know about Drew, but I really miss Jesse...
That was what I was thinking before I started Drew's book.

So, well, hmmm. Drew. He was basically background white noise in This Man. He was there and he was not there at the same time. A good friend of Jesse that if he didn't exist in the world of The Manor, nobody would really miss him. He was not like Sam. He definetely wasn't like Jesse.

So, why would I really want to know anything about him? If he had a story to tell, it had to be spectacular. Something that would take him away from the mediocre status that he had in This Man. Otherwise what is the point?

Okay, I was disappointed...

It is a short story for sure. Not much depth. Not much character development. Not remarkable dialogues, no funny bits (except the scenes with Jesse and Ava).
Drue is too much miserable and full of self pity for my taste. Raya is too needy and too gullible.

I wasn't bored reading Drew's story. The author has definitely a style that it suits me. I love everything that I have read by her. But if I had never read Drew's story, I wouldn't have missed much.

Concluding: I really miss Jesse!

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου