Σάββατο 23 Φεβρουαρίου 2019

The Controversial Princess AND His True Queen (The Smoke & Mirrors Duology) by Jodi Ellen Malpas

The Controversial Princess (The Smoke & Mirrors Duology, #1)  by Jodi Ellen Malpas


37550331SUMMARY


Her father is The King of England.

She is The Controversial Princess.

Regarded as down to earth by the press and rebellious by The King, Princess Adeline refuses to bow to the royal expectations her title carries. She knows better than anyone that the united front of the royal family is nothing but smoke and mirrors - lies and secrets masked by power and privilege. She wants no part of it, and she will never surrender to The King’s demand to marry a man she does not love. But despite Adeline’s determination to retain her free will, she remains deeply unfulfilled, feeling caged and suffocated.

That is until she meets Josh Jameson. Drawn in by his confidence, Adeline is soon captivated by the scandalously sexy American actor. His ability to penetrate her defences overwhelms her - his touch is pure fire, and his allure overpowering. Nothing has ever made her feel so alive in a world where she’s otherwise slowly drowning. However, while Josh may be Hollywood royalty, he’s not actual royalty, and Adeline knows The King and his advisors will do everything in their power to keep them apart.

But Josh Jameson becomes the princess’s ultimate vice.

And although she bows to no one, she bows to him.


MY REVIEW


5 “you are closer to the throne that you think” stars


“When I’m done with you, Your Highness, you’re going to be questioning who your true king is.”

I just love Josh! He is good-looking, smart, playful, dirty-mouth, a bit kinky, the perfect Hollywood star with his Oscar and his fans and his perfect playboy reputation.



“Why me?”
“Maybe I want to violate a princess.”
“I assure you, Mr. Jameson, I need no violating.”
“Oh, I have no doubt....But you’ve never been violated by me. So, what do you say, Your Highness?”
“Are you trying to get me into trouble, Mr. Jameson?”
“Most definitely.”

And I love Adeline of course! She is attractive, sharp-witted, playful, sassy, the perfect rebellious princess with her strict daddy and a patient fiance-to-be who has been waiting for years and years for her. She knows how to have a good time, but she cannot have a good time often because she is not allowed.



“Thanks for playing,” he mumbles against my wet cheek, biting it. I feel him smile around his mouthful of my flesh.
“Have you not marked me enough without putting teeth marks in my face, too?”
“Be quiet and give me a hug.”
I laugh, utterly amused. “You have thrashed me to within an inch of my life, and now you want a hug for it?”
“Are you questioning me again?”
“No.” I reach around his shoulders and hug him, smiling into the crook of his neck. “It was fun.”
“Wasn’t it.”

Yes, Jos and Adelaine will most certainly have fun together.
Maybe because she wants to have another rebellious act.
Maybe because he likes a challenge.
Maybe because they both have found their match.

If you love royal theme lovestories
If you love stories with a few scandals in them (...okay maybe too many scandals. Until the last page of the book actually.)
If you think that an actor and a princess can fit together "like two peas in a pod"
If you were swayed and thrilled with the marriage of the girl next door Meghan and the most eligible bachelor Prince Harry

...well, then this book is for you!



“Agree to play with me again.”
“You sound desperate.”
“I am. I want you and me to be a rumor, Your Highness.”

----------------------------------
Oops...
This reminds me of something...
Is the true and secret name of Prince Harry, Princess Adeline?
Does Jodi know something that we don't know?
hahahaha 

----------------------------------

👸💙👦💧👸💙👦💧👸💙👦💧👸💙👦💧👸💙👦💧

His True Queen (The Smoke & Mirrors Duology #2)  by Jodi Ellen Malpas


SUMMARY


40104860The breathtaking conclusion of The Smoke & Mirrors Duology.

A beautiful, defiant princess. A renowned, sinfully gorgeous Hollywood actor.

A love affair that is sure to rock the British Monarchy…and the world.

Their love affair began intensely and passionately. Princess Adeline and Josh Jameson knew any future together was impossible—her status as a princess and his standing as a Hollywood heartthrob dictated that. But the heights of pleasure they could take each other to were wildly unanticipated by them both. Josh’s absolute disregard for Adeline’s status quickly drew her into his hedonistic world. And her perfectly worn mask and false façade captivated Josh to the point of obsession. The boundaries became blurred. The physical became emotional. Their hearts became entwined.
 
But a cruel turn of events rips their worlds apart and Adeline is more bound than ever by the protocol and expectations her title commands. The army of royal advisors who guard the secrets and scandals of the Monarchy will go to unthinkable lengths to keep the smoke and mirrors in place…and Josh away from Adeline. She knows the power she possesses comes with agonizing sacrifices. Walking away from Josh devastates her…but it keeps him safe from the corrupt institution that has ruled her life.
 
Yet Josh refuses to lose the woman who has consumed him so completely, distorted his boundaries, and stripped him of all sensibility.
 
Will the power of the British Monarchy triumph? Or will their fierce love for each other change the course of history?


MY REVIEW


One of the most anticipated books this summer!
The American Boy and His True Queen...

I truly enjoyed the book. Malpas' book characters usually ooze passion and abandonment and the characters of this duology are not an exception.
Lies, mistakes, betrayals. The British Monarchy behind smoke and mirrors.
It is not easy to be a Queen.

Adeline has to fight
-for her decisions
-for her broken family
-against an arranged marriage
-against people who don't take her seriously
-against enemies and schemers
-against traditions and unwritten laws

I am trapped in a never-ending tunnel of echoed well wishes. I am little more than a robot as I smile at every face before me, letting Haydon lead me around the room, showcasing his trophy. Every so often, he sweeps his arm out toward me, like . . . just look at her. In my mind’s eye, I see journalists across the world working through the night to get the news to the people. I see pictures of Haydon and me in this very moment, the happily engaged couple. I see me wandering aimlessly down the aisle of Westminster Abbey ready to sign my eternal love over to a man.
The wrong man.


Josh is perfect for Adeline. The perfect possessive Alpha male who knows what he wants and what is best for Adeline. And he fights for her all the way.

“And there is nothing your people can do to keep me away.” He’s fighting to keep his temper in check.

I loved the twist in the end that showed how clever and resourceful Adeline is. And of course there is a happy ending.
All wonderful fairy tales have happy endings :)

And of course the story of Adeline and Josh is a wonderful fairytale.

“Hello, beautiful.”
I let out a ragged sob and throw my seated body forward, grabbing him and burying my face into his neck. The noise around me disappears. Right now, there is only Josh.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου