Δευτέρα 4 Φεβρουαρίου 2019

This Man (This Man #1) by Jodi Ellen Malpas

This Man  (Jodi Ellen Malpas)


SUMMARY


Young interior designer Ava O’Shea has an appointment for a first consultation at The Manor with the owner, Mr Jesse Ward. She is expecting nothing more than an overweight, cravat wearing, well-to-do countryman, and on arrival, nothing would suggest otherwise. 
How wrong could she be? 
This Man is devastatingly handsome, charming and confident. He is also a conceited, hedonistic playboy, who knows no boundaries. Ava desperately does not want to be attracted to him, but she can’t control the overwhelming effect he has on her. Every instinct is telling her to run, so she does, but Jesse Ward is not so willing to let her go. He wants her and is determined to have her. 
She knows she is heading for heartbreak, but how can she run when he won’t let her?

MY REVIEW

19096551
"Met the Lord, have we?"

Another reread for one of my favourite series, and surprisingly and shyly I have to confess that I still have not overcome my crush on Jesse Ward.



"Oh good God. My heart crashes against my breast bone and my nervous breathing rockets to damn right dangerous levels. I suddenly feel light headed, and my mouth is ignoring my brains instructions to at least say something. I just stand there staring at this man, while he stares back at me. His husky voice halted me in my tracks, but the sight of him... well, that's just turned me into a non-responsive quivering wreck."

What a story! This book was brilliant. I loved it and I got hooked from the first until the last page.

This is a book full of passion and extreme emotions. Two people will fall in love and during this process there is a lot of chasing and a lot of yelling.
And this is the oldest game in flirting/mating in the history of human kind. The woman runs away and the man runs after her. Sometimes they shout and fight with each other, but in the end they have make up sex and all is good. This is completely natural and funny. It is just a game of two people who are crazy for each other from the first moment their eyes meet.

The book is full of twists and secrets which come out at some point. The only sure fact is that Jesse is ALMOST NEVER honest with Ava.
Another fact is that he wants her like crazy and he will do anything, I repeat HE WILL DO ANYTHING to have her and to keep her.

Ava behaves like a reluctant virgin towards Jesse and this is something he will make her stop it during the first 10 minutes they spend in the bathroom of his new flat and the first half an hour they spend in the kitchen of his old flat.



Ava, you should know that once I've had you, you're mine.

And the big questions are three:
1. What is happening with Ava's pills? Why they keep disappearing?
2. How old is Jesse? Seriously only 19?
3. Why the mansion/hotel does not have a front desk and sightseeing brochures?

I am sure all the people who are reading the book will suspect the answers to these questions before the book finishes. Only Ava does not seem to realise what is going on around her since she is lost somewhere inside Central Jesse's Cloud 9.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου