Σάββατο 28 Δεκεμβρίου 2019

Three Years (Gypsy Brothers #5) by Lili St. Germain

Three Years (Gypsy Brothers #5) by Lili St. Germain


SUMMARY 


Every day for six years, I used to pray that I would find my way back to the boy I loved.
Until finally, one day, I did.
But that’s the funny thing about life. Nothing good ever lasts, not for me, anyway. You think you’re the one with the power, at least I did, but then I got careless. One tiny mistake, and now I am powerless to stop what comes next.
People think money equals power, but all the money in my bank account, the dirty notes laundered clean that my father left for me, are useless.
Money does not equal power. Power is held by the one with the knife in his hand, tracing shallow cuts into your skin.
Power is held by the one who owns you.
I had power once.
Now, I have nothing.



MY REVIEW 


STILL THREE MORE TO GO

This is the best book in the series so far. 

I believe Dornan is definitely in love, but with his own sick, twisted, fucked up, psychotic way. 
Yes, don’t be surprised. Just pay a bit of attention to the things that he is saying and they way he is acting. 

Juliette and Dornan are almost dancing together, feeding from each other’s pain. 
It is like they belong together, like one needs the other in order to exist and survive.

They will have their own little world together and their battles of will for three months. 
Him, her and that room.

Dornan offers torture and pain to Juliette. Juliette offers sass to her torturer. She looks at him and dares him to inflict more pain:

“Four sons dead before you even fucking noticed me.”
“Body-count wise, I’d say I’ m winning”

And Dornan is totally obsessed. The fact that now he knows she is his previous best friend’s daughter increases and strengthens this obsession:

“Everybody will know. You.Are.Mine.”
“I own you.”
“I’ve owned you the moment the nurse handed you to me after your stupid mother had you. You were signed out to me.”

I honestly believe that for the majority of time with her, he has forgotten his dead sons. He is just feeding from her pain and getting off. Just because he likes it. Not for revenge.

Even being with her with his own terms is something planned. Basically he is not doing anything that he hasn’t been planning doing since Book 2 ‘Six Brothers’. He wanted their relationship to reach this point. The killings and the revelations of her identity are just an excuse. 

Some kind of revenge…Not very convincing...



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου