Κυριακή 21 Οκτωβρίου 2018

Natural Evil (Elder Races, #4.5) by Thea Harrison

13421518

Natural Evil (Thea Harrison)


SUMMARY


Claudia Hunter is on a road trip through the Nevada desert when she sees the body of a dog on the side of the highway. Pulling over to investigate, she quickly determines that the enormous animal is clinging to life. While working to save him with the help of the local vet, Claudia realizes there s something about the creature that seems "more." Other. "Wyr." Which makes this case of animal cruelty attempted murder.

Too injured to shape shift, Luis Alvaraz is reluctant to tell Claudia what he knows about his attack, afraid it will only make her a target. But the sheriff is corrupt, and his attackers know Luis is alive and vulnerable. To make matters worse, a sandstorm is sweeping into town, and if they're going to survive the night, Luis will have to place all his trust in Claudia.


MY REVIEW


35587901
Luis and Claudia

Claudia is a tough retired special forces. On her way to Nevada, she discovers by the road a big, scary dog almost dead. She decides to help the poor animal and she finds a vet in the nearest town. Almost straight away she has understand that the dog is more than a dog.
Luis is a Wyr and his alternative form is dog. It takes a while for him to trust Claudia and reveal his human form.

I liked Jackson the vet. I loved the age difference betwen Claudia and Luis (almost 15 years). I had such fun with Claudia's efforts to convince Luis to show his real self.

"I think I'm going to name you Precious."

And I adored their love story which started as a slow burn romance thing and then it accelarated. Luis does not seem to have any hesitation to mate and connect his long life span as a Wyr to the short life span of Claudia who is also much older than him.

I had given initially 4 stars to their story because it felt incomplete in the end, but I think I will increase my rating to 5 stars. I have seen in the next books that their story proceeds and they are really happy together.


Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου