Τρίτη 1 Σεπτεμβρίου 2020

Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan - September 2020

Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan


SUMMARY


When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.


MY REVIEW


Why haven't I tried this author before? So good!

This is the only book I have read so far in my whole life that it talks so much about love, while it does not sound corny, old-fashioned and cheesy.

This is like a breath of fresh air in the romance books category: Sweet, innocent, full of naked feelings and bursting of unconditional love.

I absolutely loved the two main characters! Especially the girl, Bree Prescott.

Bree is a beyond doubt a nice person. She ran away from her previous life in Cincinnati where something tragic happened to her and she has ended up in the small lakeside town of Pelion, Maine. The last thing she expects to find there is love. But still she does not hesitate to dive in her feelings and embrace love.

As a genuinely good person, she does not lead on without reason, she does not lie and she does not play with the feelings of others:

Travis laughed. "Seeing him? How's that?" He looked truly confused.
I was instantly angry, as I stood up straighter. "How's that? Because he's a good man–he's smart and sweet and… why am I explaining this? Look, Travis, the truth is… I like him, and, I wasn't trying to lead you on by going out with you. But I wasn't really sure at that point what was going on with me and Archer. And now I am. And so I hope you understand when I tell you that I don't want to see anyone else. Just him. Just Archer."



When Bree falls in love, she will dive in enthusiastically. She will not have second thoughts. She will not take into account the fact that the man she loves is mute and the town’s outcast.

She does not hesitate to say “I love you” first:

“And I was going to try to wait until maybe you were ready to say it, too, but… I can't. Because it literally wants to burst out of me all the time. And so it's okay if you don't love me, or if you're not sure if you do. But I'm sure. And I can't stand letting another minute go by where I don't tell you I love you, because I do. I. Love. You. I love you so much.”



Archer is a man that could have thrived in his life.
If his voice wasn’t stolen from him when he was seven years old.
If he didn’t see his mother and father die in front of his eyes.
If he didn’t grow up in the isolated land of a delusional, crazy uncle.
If the people of the small town really cared and embraced this sad, voiceless, lonely child.

Bree will see his potential. She will fall head over heels in love with him. And Archer will be equally in love with her and so confused and scared:

If you hadn't come back, I would have lay here until I died. I would have just willed myself to die.



It is time for Bree to settle down and to find home. It is time for Archer to man up and start trusting.

This is one of these books that can make you smile widely, while at the same time tears will be falling from your puffy eyes.







-------------


Oh.... and also let's not forget..... Happy New Month! September 2020 is Mia Sheridan's month!






Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου