Τρίτη 23 Ιουλίου 2019

Rachel (Songs of Submission, #5.5; Songs of Dominance, #3) by C.D. Reiss

Rachel by C.D. Reiss
SUMMARY 


A short song about Rachel.


Do people like you ever have wishes, Jonathan?


What does that mean? People like me?


People who have everything. Was there ever something you wanted, but could only wish for?


MY REVIEW 


"Free, Jonathan. I wish to be free."
I unpinned one of her shoulders to pluck a seeded dandelion out of the grass.
“Blow,” I said, holding the white puffball in front of her.
She blew hard, and the seeds went into my face. We laughed, and blew the rest of the seeds off together, wishing her free from the constraints of her family and her scarcity. They floated away on their sinuous parachutes, like little messengers to God, saying take me, take me, take me. Set me free.
 


Who is the girl with the viola?
What happened to Rachel?

A short story from Jonathan's point of view with two flashbacks:
-From the engagement party of Jonathan and Jessica
-From the night Rachel had the accident 

Rachel, Rachel, I am sorry. 

Okay, I had more questions than answers when I finished this story. I am starting next book straight away.




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου