Παρασκευή 26 Ιουλίου 2019

Resist (Songs of Submission #6) by C.D. Reiss 

Resist by C.D. Reiss 
SUMMARY 


The story of Jonathan Drazen and Monica Faulkner continues.

And it's time Monica stepped up to the plate.

I looked down at him, with his tourmaline eyes and copper hair and believed him despite my better judgment. Then I forgave him despite my misgivings. I loved him just because I did. My heart wasn’t sensible or guarded enough. Not by a sight.

I was a walking raw nerve ending of emotion, as if the years I’d spent away from men and sex had made me more emotional, more vulnerable, more foolish than before. I ran my fingers through his hair, feeling like the victim of a crime of consent.
 


MY REVIEW 


This series is amazing!

The last thing that happened in the previous book, “Burn”, was Jonathan being pulled away at the airport by the police. Bewildered Monica was also taken for questioning. Almost immediately we realise that Jessica has twisted things and she accuses Jonathan for behaving inappropriately – although she asked for it.

Monica wants to believe Jonathan. Jonathan does not want to explain. And he just wants to play.
So, they fight. And play. And fight. And play.

Monica wants to help Jonathan. Jonathan does not want to tell his secrets. He wants Monica as far away as possible from Jessica. And he wants to play.
So, they fight. And play. And fight. And play.

Favourite scene: Jonathan and Monica stop the traffic in the middle of the road fighting (of course)
“I don’t need protecting,” I yelled. A delivery truck missed me by inches as it tried to make the light. The wind shear thrust me forward a few inches.
“Goddess,” he said, pulling me to him for safety, “you are a shitload of trouble.”
“You sorry you wanted a commitment?” Cars whipped around us at the green, horns screaming again.
“No. You’ve turned my existence into a life.”
An SUV swerved, but we held our gaze. “I’m about to turn it into your death.”
As if daring L.A. drivers to hit a couple in the middle of the street on a Saturday night, he leaned over and kissed me. I kissed him back. It’s not every day you get to flip off a whole city.
 


Favourite quote: Jonathan may be an Alpha dominant male, but he can still be vulnerable and scared
I looked up at the broken skin of her chest, making eye contact as her lips whispered my name, and I prayed to whatever deity would listen to please, please not take her away. 

There is a scary, confusing cliffhanger in the end of the book and apparently things will get worst before they get better in the next book.



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου