Δευτέρα 25 Σεπτεμβρίου 2017

The Knight (Endgame #2) by Skye Warren

32703119The Knight (Skye Warren)


SUMMARY


The power of pleasure...

Gabriel Miller took everything from me. My family. My innocence. My home. The only thing I have left is the determination to get back what's mine.

He thinks he's beaten me. He thinks he's won. What he doesn't realize is that every pawn has the chance to become a queen.

And the game has only just begun.







MY REVIEW


"At one in the morning I wake to the sounds of a headboard banging on the wall..."

Nothing is the same for innocent Avery any more.
Thrown out of Gabriel’s home after he forcefully took her virginity, Avery ends up in a cheap motel trying to survive until the month finishes and she can get the one million dollars. Luckily Gabriel is paying for the expenses of her father’s private clinic. But unfortunately her house has been stolen from her. More nasty surprises will come in the life of Avery.

She will be constantly used by Gabriel, publicly humiliated, belittled by her father’s ex friends and she will suddenly discover her mother’s diary which will prove that her life was not full of love and flowers before she died.

The story of Avery’s mother dominates the book and explains the behavior of many people. Three key players could have been responsible for her death:
1. Avery’s father
2. The ex best friend
3. The secret ex lover

One of them could also be the villain who torments Avery and possibly wishes her death. Or not. Everything will make sense at the last ball where all the three key players will meet with Gabriel and Avery.

Thankfully, not everything will be dark for Avery. Her best friend will be there to support her, a homeless guy will keep an eye for her and there will be unspoken feelings all around Gabriel. Even her ex fiancé will try to save her.

When I finished the second book of the series I had more questions than answers. The plot has thickened. More main characters have been introduced.
I still miss Gabriel’s POV from the explanations and the words virgin and virginity are still there in large quantities.

But I really started liking Avery in this one. At least now she is making fun of the auction and the loss of her virginity.

“He’s trying to make it up to you by giving you what you lost.”
“My virginity?”
She giggles. “Would you want that back?”
“God no. Totally useless. The only thing that ever got me was a million dollars.”


I just love Avery when she is drunk and/or high. She is funny.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου