Τρίτη 26 Σεπτεμβρίου 2017

The Castle (Endgame #3) by Skye Warren

33985986The Castle (Skye Warren)


SUMMARY


I’m safe in the ivory tower Gabriel Miller made for me. That’s what he says. Enemies lurk outside, waiting to strike. An army of enemies held back by these walls.

Except some animal instinct warns me the danger is much closer. It’s already here. Is Gabriel Miller my protector or my enemy? Is this house a castle or a cage?

There’s nowhere for me to go, no one left for me to trust.

No escape from a past determined to capture its prize.
 


 


MY REVIEW


...and the conclusion of the Gabriel and Avery's story

I really do not want to say anything about how the story of Gabriel and Avery continues in this third book. Whatever I say, it will be a spoiler.

But there are so many unexpected twists. Good and seriously bad ones.

And the feelings. There are so many amazing feelings. I just want to share my favorite passage from the book.

“Stay.”
Hope flickers across his face, doused by stoicism. “That isn’t how the game is played.”
“I’m done playing.”
“So am I.”
“I love you.” I’m out of breath, the words falling like gasps.
“What did you say?” he demands, taking a step closer.
And something matters more to me than losing. “I love you, Gabriel Miller.”
He takes another step closer, almost compulsively. And stops. “God. Don’t.”
“I really do.”
“It’s suicide. To love a man like me.”
“Then what is it to love a woman like me?” My laugh sounds maniacal even to myself. “Hearing voices. Chasing cars. I’m a little bit insane.”
“You’re a queen, little virgin.”
I throw myself into his arms. Of course he catches me. “Then you’re my king.” 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου