Παρασκευή 29 Σεπτεμβρίου 2017

The Queen (Masterpiece Duet #2) by Skye Warren

The Queen by Sky WarrenThe Queen (Skye Warren)


SUMMARY


I have one chance at a new life. A college education. A future outside of Tanglewood's dark walls. For a breathless moment it seems like I might actually escape.

Then I get a phone call from home.

Damon Scott is my own personal dragon, the fight I've always lost, the secret hope of my heart. And he needs my help right now. Only my mind can solve the puzzle. Only my presence can keep him sane as the city fights against him.

Only my heart can unlock a man with such a tragic past.

This is my final gamble, with everything at stake. One last game to win a future for both of us.

And a love strong enough to break the city apart.







MY REVIEW




Normalcy is overrated, anyway.

THREE YEARS AGO, during her final gambling game, little naïve Penny gambled it all and in the end she lost her father.

SINCE THEN, Penny left Tanglewood , Damon Scottand and her heart behind and she has started studying Mathematics (in its purest form) at Smith University; while she enjoys the affection of the persistent and hopeful Dr. Stanhope.

It won’t take long and the past will come knocking on her door. Her father is in trouble, her best friend in trouble and Damon has his own demons to battle in order to admit his feelings.


“And now here you are with your Bambi eyes, acting like you didn’t just walk into the dark fucking forest. What am I supposed to do with you?”

Penny knows how to solve puzzles and there are three puzzles that need to be answered:
1. A mathematical puzzle with instructions.
2. What is the matter with Damon?
3. Who is the enemy now?

Penny will become Queen before the book finishes.

Obviously, this is not an ordinary book. It is intense, with raw feelings, but also with abstract and strict mathematical logic.

It definitely deserves 5 stars, but there are some points in the story that really run forward too fast. There is a parallel story about Gabriel and Avery that maybe needs to be told in full detail.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου