Τρίτη 22 Αυγούστου 2017

Barbarian's Prize (Ice Planet Barbarians, #5) by Ruby Dixon

28096224Barbarian's Prize (Ruby Dixon)


SUMMARY


It’s hard being the most popular girl on the ice planet. The alien men are falling all over themselves to impress me in the hopes that I’ll take them to my furs. But they don’t know my secrets – none of them do. And they don’t realize that behind my smile, I just wish they’d go away.

I don’t want any of them. I want someone else – someone with a gorgeous blue body, big horns, and the most intense gaze ever. He’s the only one that knows the truth. Maybe with him, I can work through my fears of the past….but I’m pretty sure he wants more than just friendship.

He wants forever, and I’m not sure I can give it.




MY REVIEW


Tiffany may look that she is a girl who likes torturing our super-sweet, super-needy blue barbarians who keep bringing her food and gifts, but deep down she is a damaged girl who just wants to be left alone. After being brutally raped by the aliens who stole her, she is just scared of all the males.

Her best friend, Josie, decides to help her. So Josie sets up a few made-up courting games for the males who are interesting in Tiffany. Whoever wins, he can accompany Tiffany to the Elder’s Cave. Thus, males leave Tiffany alone and they concentrate on the games for many days.
I did not really like this part of the book and I almost did not like the story because of the stupid games!

Salukh knew that Tiffany is his mate since they have first met, but he does not want to scare her. So he is trying to just be her friend for the time being until his stupid khui decides to cooperate and it resonates to her. As a result he does not participate to the courting games.

Actually, the weird conversations Salukh has with his khui from time from time were bringing tears in my eyes from laughter:

There is our mate, I tell it. See how lovely she is? How fragile? I need to resonate for her. I need to claim her, to protect her.
Tee-fah-nee is mine.
Resonate.
Resonate.
Resonate so I may claim her.
But my khui is silent, the traitor, as I walk up to her.


Salukh and Tiffany have a long way to go to find happiness together. I loved the fact that the resonating took so much time to start. I loved the way Salukh looks after Tiffany and how he persuades her that she belongs with him – even before the khui starts singing.
Salukh .... I think I have just discovered my new favorite alien…
 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου