Σάββατο 26 Αυγούστου 2017

Barbarian’s Mate (Ice Planet Barbarians, #6) by Ruby Dixon

29623967 Barbarian’s Mate (Ruby Dixon)


SUMMARY


'Resonance' is supposed to be a dream - that's when your soulmate is chosen for you. And everyone on the ice planet has hooked up with a big, hunky soulmate of their own...except me. So do I want a mate? Heck yeah. More than anything, all I've ever wanted is to be loved by someone.

Except that the soulmate chosen for me? My least favorite person on the darn ice planet. Haeden's the most cranky, disapproving, unpleasant, overbearing male alien...so why is it that my body sings when he gets close? Why is he working so hard to prove to me that he's not as awful as I think he is?

I hate him...don't I? 



MY REVIEW


The grumpy alien and his reluctant mate

Haeden is grumpiness personified, but I suppose all the readers despise Josie.
That’s because Haeden has a very good reason for being grumpy: He was rejected by his first mate and then she died and he was left alone and virgin all his life.
On the other hand, Josie has no particular reason for being reluctant: She wants family and children, but she does not want to give a chance to Haeden.

I think this is the only story –besides maybe the story of Liz and Raahosh as the second one- that the two main characters suffer so much and for so long from khui fever. Seriously, they almost die waiting and not acting on their need.

Haeden and Josie will need a lot of time to come to an understanding, to start liking each other, to fall in love and to realize that they are perfect for each other.

Josie needs so badly love and affection and Haeden needs so much to provide support and care. His nurturing instincts are well hidden behind his bad-temperedness.

The world building is still excellent. A strange green island in the middle of the ocean; the vicious tall, monkey-like creatures; the huge birds that can attack and swallow grown up humans in one gulp.

Overall, an excellent addition to the series!
 

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου