Τετάρτη 3 Ιουλίου 2019

Beg (Songs of Submission, #1) by C.D. Reiss

Beg by C.D. Reiss
SUMMARY 


Jonathan Drazen is a known womanizer and a gorgeous piece of
man I'm not letting into my heart. Ever.

Yeah, he's rich, beautiful, charming as hell, and he has a wit as sharp as a double-edged razor... but he's made it perfectly clear that this is a short-term fuck. Three nights, tops, then we part like sexually satisfied grown-ups.

I believe him when he says he can't love me. I'm not trying to fall in love, either.

We get in. Get it on. Get the hell out. Done.

Right?

Right.
 



MY REVIEW 


When I opened my eyes in the dark club, I knew I had them; every one of them stared at me as if I had just ripped out their souls, put them in envelopes, and sent them back to their mothers, COD. Even in the few silent seconds after I stopped, when most singers would worry that they’d lost the audience, I knew I hadn’t; they just needed permission to applaud. When I smiled, permission was granted, and they clapped all right. 

Wow!

I hesitated before I started this series for one reason actually. I don't like the concept of the presence of an other woman somehow involved. Unfortunately Jonathan is a divorcee and apparently his ex-wife was the love of his life and he is still in love with her.

Then the rich and beautiful Jonathan will meet the waitress/musician Monica and he will be clear about his feelings from the beginning- although the attraction between them will be off the charts.
So, if I was Monica I would probably run on the opposite direction and never look back at Jonathan. 

Monica on the other hand, begs.

Jonathan's ex-wife, though not present, still is a vivid memory. She feels present, even when Jonathan and Monica are as intimate as possible.

BUT honestly when I was reading this story, I couldn't stop! The writing is so captivate, poetic and strong. And the sexy moments are one of the hottest I have ever read. I finished it in less than 2 hours. 

I imagine that the ex will appear in the next books and that we will have many battles and many tears until the conclusion of this story.





Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου