Σάββατο 27 Ιουλίου 2019

Sing (Songs of Submission, #7) by C.D. Reiss

Sing (Songs of Submission, #7) by C.D. Reiss
SUMMARY 


Take my hand, my love.
On sinews of air we tread
Aught but distance our guide
With no tempo to our gait
No endpoint drawn
Neither plot nor plan
By the thorns of a compass rose
We bound toward the horizon


MY REVIEW



I did not like Jonathan being so weak, but this book provided another great angle in Jonathan and Monica's relationship.

“Hi,” I said when I walked into Jonathan’s room of bland pinks, beiges, hard edges, and the smell of sickness and alcohol. I’d gotten him a little light-up Christmas tree for the table by the bed, and every night, he made sure it was on.

Monica cannot simply accept that Jonathan's condition is the result of a a sixteen-year-old overdose. She thinks about poisons, attempts of murder, enemies, his ex-wife etc. But unfortunately the truth is really that simple.

On the other hand Monica will possibly lose her house. She cannot work, she misses opportunities in her singing career, she is isolated from Jonathan's family, her best friend is occupied and happy with his new boyfriend.

Monica is lonely and sad spending the majority of her time at the hospital next to Jonathan's bed trying to hide her desperation from him and even trying to hide her hunger because she keeps skipping meals.

This book definetely shows what a great person is and how much she loves Jonathan. She will even think of murder in order to help him.

Help will come from people she never expected they would help like:
-her boss
-her neighbour
-Jonathan's father
-Jonathan's ex-wife

But all of them will have their own agenda.

This is a hard book to read. It will not be full of roses and sexy moments. It is full of desperation, antiseptic smells, lost hope, crying and lost dreams.
Yet it is full of true love.

“Goddess,” he said, his breath on my mouth, “have me, please. I was wrong. You’re not the sea under my sky. You are the sun I revolve around, the stars that mark me, the moon rising through me. I’m lost without you. If you won’t have me, I’ll break, I swear to God. I know it’s selfish, and I’m sorry. Let me serve you. Have me as yours. Let me live under you.”

The ending will not disappoint you!
 




Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου