Παρασκευή 17 Ιανουαρίου 2020

Tyrant (King #2) by T.M. Frazier

Tyrant (King #2) by T.M. Frazier
SUMMARY 


I. Remember. Everything.

Only now I wish I didn't. 

When the fog is sucked away from my mind like smoke through a vacuum, the truth that has been beyond my reach for months finally reveals itself. 

But the relief I thought I would feel never comes, and I'm more afraid now than I was the morning I woke up handcuffed in King's bed.

Because with the truth comes dark secrets I was never meant to know. 

I will put the lives of those I love most at risk if I let on that my memory has returned, or if I seek help from the heavily tattooed felon who owns me body and soul. 

I don't know if I'm strong enough to resist the magnetic pull toward King that grows stronger every day. 

He's already saved me in more ways than one. Now it's my turn to do whatever it takes to save him. 

Even if that means marrying someone else...




MY REVIEW 


I live in King's world for the last few days and it is a very dark world. The second book starts exactly where book one stopped. King and Doe are separated. Doe is at the safe hands of her real family and King is heading to prison again accused of having kidnapped her.

Her: Doe - Ramie Price or Ray, Still without memory but with a name this time. She remembers how she used to be strong, wistful and determined with the King. Why now that she is in the house surrounded by people she knew her whole life she does not know who she really is?

Him: Brantley King. Still a criminal, still in love, he has just remembered that he is supposed to be the bad guy.

The others:
This book has so many characters. The old one are present and they are either playing a vital role with a physical presence or they are still a strong part of the story as ghosts from the past and memories. There is Bear and Preppy and the junkie who helped her and abandoned her later.
But there are new players as well. Doe's father - the spotless senator, mother - always visiting the "spa", her best friend -gone but not forgotten, her boyfriend - the american boy next door, an innocent child - missing his lost mother, another child - waiting at a foster home to be adopted.

Three questions are basically answered in this book:
a) who is the Tyrant 
b) how Doe lost her memory 
c) who is really Doe, what kind of girl she was before she lost her memory

The story is a crazy roller coaster of emotions and revelations. Lots of lies and deception. When the final devastating truth comes out, I felt like someone has just thrown me a backet of cold water and ice on my head.
Compared to the first book, there is less interaction between the two main characters, but when they are together the descriptions are much more intense and the power of the actions and the emotions is extremely strong. 
The violence, the torture, the darkness are over the top. I was glued to the pages and there were moments I wished I could read faster.

The closure is also intense and the ending the best possible.








Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου