Σάββατο 25 Ιανουαρίου 2020

All the Rage (King, #4.5) by T.M. Frazier

All the Rage (King, #4.5) by T.M. Frazier
SUMMARY 


They call me Rage.
My real name is like a shadow, always close behind, but never quite able to catch up to me.
I fly under the radar because no one ever suspects I’m capable of the kind of brutal violence I commit each and every day.
You see, I’m a girl. I’m nineteen.
And I'm a killer.
I look like a goddamn cheerleader, but can take out a man three times my size in more than as many ways, without hesitation.
This life is all I know. It’s all I want to know. It keeps the shit buried that I need kept buried. It allows me to live without thinking too much.
Without dwelling on the past.
Until him.
It all changes when an ordinary boy becomes my next target.
And my first love.
I have to choose.
The only life I’ve ever known has to die, or he does.
Either way, I’ll be the one pulling the trigger...
 


MY REVIEW 


David Carradine as a peace-loving Shaolin monk in TV series “Kung Fu” used to claim: 
“If you save a person’s life, then forever after, you will be responsible for them to protect and keep safe.”

So what happens if you save a man’s life and his dog’s life? And what if this man that you have just saved his life could be potentially your target? And his dog is full of germs and you really don’t want to be near him ever again. How are you supposed to protect them and keep them both safe?

Well, there in only one way these two could be saved: If Rage just run away from them as far away as possible and never see them again –especially Nolan.

Unfortunately Nolan has stake his claim to her and no place is far away enough.

Meet Rage who is different: Not really her real name. No last name. She has issues, anger-type issues, a small case of OCD, mild to sometimes major germaphobia and hypochondria (Her words, not mine).

Meet Nolan who appears normal: Sometimes called Goon. Last name Archer. He is recently injured, ex-fuck buddy, a cum dumpster online, lost his hockey scholarship, wallowing in self pity and alcohol (His words, not mine).

Let’s start from the beginning.

Rage’s real name is Hope. Her best friend is Cody, a very clever kid who teaches her how to appear normal, although she loves killing and she doesn’t feel anything for anybody. She could be a sociopath or even a psychopath. She is constant worry for her parents until she becomes 16 years old. After that she runs away from home and she learns how to be a killer. Smoke will be her mentor and her boss and she will finally find where she belongs.

During one of her assignments, she saves Nolan and his dog from drowning in the swimming pool and then she realizes that she can actually feel something. She tries to resist to her feelings and the situation becomes worst. 

A lot of twists in the story. I have to admit the only person who was not lying is Rage. She is totally honest and real to everybody. If she cannot tell the truth she just runs and avoids it. She actually runs away many times in the book. I won’t really reveal much if I tell you that she is always caught. You kind of expect that.

All the others keep lying. You may need to return back when you finish the book and reread paragraphs.

The book is entwined with book “Soulless”. Of course it can be read as a standalone. But if you have read Bear’s books first, you will have many aha moments when you read “All the Rage”.

I wish there will be a book about Smoke in the future. Things stopped a bit sudden for him. There could be definitely a story about him. As long as he doesn’t come near Nolan for any reason ever again.







Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου