Παρασκευή 31 Αυγούστου 2018

Cracked Kingdom (The Royals, #5) by Erin Watt

Cracked Kingdom (The Royals, #5)

Cracked Kingdom by Erin Watt


SUMMARY



These Royals will ruin you.

Ever since Hartley Wright met Easton Royal, her life hasn’t been the same. There are enemies behind every corner and dangers beyond each door. When tragedy strikes and steals her memories, she can’t trust anyone, not even the blue-eyed boy who promises her that everything will be all right.

Because while Hartley’s memory is full of gaps, her instincts tell her Easton is dangerous. She doesn’t know if he’s the snake in the garden or her chance at salvation. The chaos he brings wherever he goes is too much to handle, the intense feelings he evokes are too confusing to unravel.

Easton wants her to remember. Hartley thinks it’s better to forget.

She might be right.

Tragedy. Treachery. Trust. Hartley has to face the facts—in this world, you can’t escape the Royals.

Either you live by their rules or you die by them.




MY REVIEW 



The echo of his footsteps is the only sound I hear for a long while. Even the voices ig my head –the ones I try to drown out with the pills, the booze, and the fighting- that are always there are silenced. In the quiet I feel it. The intense loneliness that I try to keep away. The gaping hole in my heart that I’ve tried to fill with girls, girls, and more girls becomes a canyon that has no bottom, no end. I’m no longer on the edge, staring into the abyss. I’m in it. I’m freefalling in this endless darkness.

Poor Easton. Poor Royal boys… When I read things like this one, I feel so ashamed that I have such fun with their books which are over the top filled with amplifying despair and tragedy.

And then I read things like:

“Your jacket is worth a couple of mortgage payments. I don’t think anyone is going to mistake you for a burglar.”
“Of course it is.” She rolls her eyes. “Do you get an allergy if your clothes cost less than four figures?”
“Yes. Yes, I do. And my dick shrinks, too”
“Only you, Easton, would be confident enough to joke about your dick getting smaller.”
“Big dick problems.”

And then I cannot stop laughing…
So, yeah I enjoy these books and hopefully more books will come because Sebastian and Sawyer are silently screaming for their book and their girl.

Easton faces a mess in this book. For a fraction of this mess, he was responsible. For the rest of it, the Wrights are responsible and I can’t believe there is a family more fucked up than Royals!

Hartley has amnesia. Felicity tries to confuse Hartley. The twins are separated. Easton tries to help Hartley.
Oh Easton! What a mess...

Easton is obviously an alcoholic and suffers from depression. But this is a fact that everyone has suspected from book 1.
I have no words to describe how much perfect Hartley is for him.
During the first part of book, they desperately try to find each other.
Hartley is Easton’s home and Easton is Hartley’s home.


“…my shoulders feel lighter than any other time I can remember. I confessed all my sins to Hartley and she didn’t push me away.”

Regardless of some heavy matters that are described, the book is actually funny, fluffy and sweet.
Awesome book. I NEED more…please…

View all my reviews

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου