Παρασκευή 23 Νοεμβρίου 2018

Guarded and Her Kind Of Boss by Kayla White

Guarded by Kayla White


SUMMARY


34803313Watching over some crazy rich chick seems like a good stop gap from the army. She has no desire to do anything other than get wasted enough to forget.


Parker

Is she for real?

I cannot deal with her bullshit.

This woman has no idea what real life is, it is time for a reality check. Not all of us can have everything paid for. Some of us have to work.

I would much rather be back in the army. She’s impossible to deal with.

But not when she steps closer to me, right into my personal space. I can feel her breath tickling my cheek as she speaks.

My heart is thundering, my body shuddering and trembling, there is a stirring inside my underwear that I really need to ignore if I have any hope of getting through this with any intact dignity.


Hannah

I hate this guy. Why can’t he go? Why does my dad think I need a guard?

Hot blood boils around by body, my temper is burning from the top of my head to my little toes.

How dare my dad do this to me?

If I am going to win this, I would have to throw all images of his body right out of my brain. I will focus on his horrible personality instead.

This wouldn’t be too difficult, would it?


Guards don’t hook up with rich chicks.
But not Parker - he finds himself tumbling into an abyss.
Once he’s in, there might not be a way out again.


MY REVIEW


And my heart will go on and on…..Oops, wrong movie
I have nothing, if I don’t have you….Yep, this is the movie

Oh, I just love stories with bodyguards! I could have just loved this book, but I had a few issues with it.

I think my main problem was Parker, the main male character. He is supposed to be a fierce soldier on a Sabbatical. A strong-minded, badass bodyguard. But I honestly could not take him seriously when he is saying things like the following:

“Do you realize that I had to lie to your dad, just to stop me from getting fired?”
and
“Please tell me that those are the keys to the Corvette? I’ve been eyeing that car ever since I got here.”
and
“This is the short of vacation I’ve only seen on television before.”
and
“Okay,” I nodded along, deciding to surrender to the fun.

So, Parker supposedly has to look after Hannah.

Hannah I guess is another version of Paris Hilton. Really spoiled, daddy’s girl and party animal. But also very needy and sensitive inside and not that young any more. She is twenty-nine years old (I don’t remember reading about Parker’s age; but judging by how immaturely he acts, I have a feeling that he is younger than her).

Anyway, this is a cute story. Hannah and Parker will have a few fights and they will fall in love in less than a week. Then they will have a few more fights before they express their feelings. Not much bodyguard stuff is going on.

I had fun reading the story. Not too much thinking. It is easygoing, predictable and extremely sweet. Not very smutty, but romantic.



💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕💕


Her Kind Of Boss by Kayla White


SUMMARY


35132803I turned to the man who had just pulled his hand off my ass.

The eyes of all the other patrons and staff were on us. I knew that no one was going to take my side in this scenario.

“You’re FIRED!”

I am just…

I need to keep my head above the water. I need to take care of my wheelchair-bound mother.

This new job has to stick. I can already feel the vertigo starting to make my head spin.

Carter Derrickson. My new boss.

He has quite a…reputation. At six-foot-three with a neat crop of dark hair, smart, successful, he has a trail of women across the city behind him.

He is too busy with keeping the family business healthy. Between his projects and meeting the stringent demands of his family, he has no intentions of settling down.

But as soon as his eyes landed on me, a smile that seemed plastered on dropped away and his eyes are sweeping up and down my body. He is savoring me with gaze.

All the floors below us are swiftly emptying of people. The thought of just the two of us up here - alone - it feels like something…

Come on, Hazel. Keep this together. It’s just nerves.

He needs me. He needs me to keep up with whatever he needs from me - could be filing papers, braining storming on new ideas…

But oh, there is one thing I haven’t told him. This could get really complicated…

Is there a way to make this work?


MY REVIEW


Easy-going, relaxing office romance. Not much angst, not much smut. A sweet story about a girl who is looking after her helpless mother. The poor girl will start working and eventually fall in love with a young really rich handsome executive.

Hazel does not keep any job for long. After she was fired once more from her waitress job, she will start working as an assistant for Carter Derrickson at the Derrickson tech industries. Finally, she feels that she has found a job that suits her.
The only problem that she has is the attraction that she feels for her boss, but she tries to fight it.

Carter, although he works really hard without holidays, is never appreciated by his two pushy, ungrateful parents.
His father (and moreover owner of the company) does not accept the fact that he has retired.
His mother always looks for a worthy bride for her son. Hazel is NOT the appropriate girl for Carter. But Carter has a different opinion.

You can have a few relaxing hours with this book. Obviously if it was longer, it would have a best character development. Even so it is a nice fairytale with a beautiful happily ever after.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου