Σάββατο 17 Νοεμβρίου 2018

It's Complicated by Missy Johnson

36584669

It's Complicated by Missy Johnson


SUMMARY


They call him the Anaconda, and I'm pretty sure it isn’t because he likes snakes.

Nick Jenson is my neighbor. My hot, oh-so-sexy, very-well-equipped neighbor that I’d spend hours watching from the safety of my bedroom window.

I saw lots of things I probably shouldn’t have. Sometimes I’d touch myself, imagining it were his hands roaming over my body instead of my own. I had just one mission—to find out if the rumors were true.

Then one day, he caught me watching him.

I was mortified. I was prepared to quit college, move to another country, and live the rest of my life saying, “Nick who?” But, apparently, life had other ideas.

Because Nick? Well, he isn’t just my neighbor … He’s also my father’s best friend. If I thought things were difficult before, they were about to get a whole lot more complicated.

Oh, and those rumors? Holy fuck, were they true …


MY REVIEW


Anna and Nick are destined to have a complicated relationship:
1. They have 15 years age difference
2. Nick is a single dad of two adorable children– newly widower
3. Anna used to babysit their children when they were going out, so the children know her as a nanny
4. Nick is Anna’s father’s best friend
5. Anna’s father is not really understanding – although he acts completely immaturely himself
6. Nick has a big package/anaconda (hmm, yes this is exactly what you imagine it is) and Anna is scared of it
7. Everyone knows about Nick's anaconda

This is a really interesting combination of things. If you also add to these the Anna’s brainless best friend, the result is a hilarious story.
Lots of goofy moments and mix-ups while they are trying to hide their relationship.
Many hot moments until Anna finally faces anaconda.

I would have liked it more, if the book stopped in the funny side of things and everyone was laughing and were silly.
Unfortunately there was a boat trip (with all the characters taking part) which came across as more angsty and stressful than funny. And there was also a rape attempt that I think it was just too much for a romance-comedy book.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου