Κυριακή 25 Νοεμβρίου 2018

The Terms by Rowe Ruby

The Terms: Part One  (The Terms Duet, #1)  Rowe, Ruby


SUMMARY


34322619I wanted to hate her. For three years, Camilla withheld the fact that my brother had a son, Liam.

Then, Tony died without ever knowing his kid, and I was going to make sure Ms. Rose paid a price for her deceit. I also wanted Liam to be raised as a Burke. Our family’s legacy was one to carry on, so the terms were straightforward.

Live in my home.

Allow me to help raise Liam.

Oh, and agree to be my submissive.

In return, I agreed not to rip Camilla’s child away from her. I also offered them both financial security and a life of luxury. It seemed generous to me. It might’ve been simple, too, had she not reminded me of the lady in red. The one who haunted my dreams at night. Camilla’s hazel eyes were a mirror image, her sweetness more than an acquaintance to my subconscious.

I was a hacker by trade, and the internet was my best friend, sharing with me every secret I wished to unearth. I believed that until an unfathomable truth revealed itself in a different way.

Some secrets are never whispered, only sensed by the heart, and all along, my soul held the truth. It hid even from me the most important secret of them all.


MY REVIEW


"I felt like I’d known you for years. It sounds ridiculous, but it was as if you were this woman who’d slipped through my fingers, like a first love who got away.
You were the woman I had to get back."


Ellis Burke meets Camilla Rose at a funeral home.
She has just left a photograph of her little son under the arm of his dead brother, Tony. Imagine his surprise when he sees that the picture of the little boy resembles the looks of all the males of his family. The conclusion is almost immediate. This is his dead brother’s son.

Ellis will leave Camilla with no choice.
If she wants to keep the boy, she needs to agree to his terms. She has to leave her job and move with him and her son at his home. She will also become his lover and very soon he will tell everybody that little Liam is his son. They look almost alike anyway.
Camilla has secrets. Her best friend, Christopher, has secrets. Her sister, Sasha, has secrets. But most importantly Ellis has his own secret dreams. There is this lady in red that he keeps dreaming of her.

The story is told with two points of view, by Ellis and by Camilla.

If I had to use one word to describe Camilla, I would say that she is a survivor. She has been through hell and she keeps going.
If I had to use one word to describe Ellis, I would say that he is a sweetheart. He pretends to be tough, but he has a heart of gold.

The story finishes with a cliffhanger, but to be honest I had my suspicions about this.
 


💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

The Terms:Part Two (The Terms Duet #2) by Ruby Rowe


SUMMARY


34605645Camilla
I longed to believe my bond with Ellis was impenetrable, but in reality, I held secrets that could blow open the tightly woven seam of our newfound relationship. Would he understand how we were both victims in his brother’s betrayal, or would he take his anger out on the one person still alive–me? Could the words my sister spoke about Liam’s father be true? If so, how would Ellis and I recover from what was lost?

Christopher’s jealousy was intensifying as a future with me became even less attainable. No, I belonged to one man only, and I was going to prove to Ellis that we could overcome the past and share an amazing future. I had two important roles in life: being a mother and a submissive, and I would fight to keep them both.

Sasha
Once I left rehab, the thought of living alone during my recovery scared me, but being told I had to move in with Ellis’s attractive cousin instead of going back to my apartment was terrifying. My sister, Camilla, ran a tight ship, but she wasn’t nearly as intimidating as Greyson and the terms he laid out for me.

The reality that I was borrowing space amongst his superior existence didn’t need to be spoken. For that reason, I was blindsided when his gaze began to undress me and his touch became more than a brush of the shoulder. Greyson Burke saw something in me I was struggling to see in myself, and that meant he held the power … it also meant I had to run.


MY REVIEW


"Someone once told me to be the daring eagle who spreads his wings and soars above the clouds. Maybe you should take his advice. Be daring, Greyson. I hear there are rainbows and unicorns up there … maybe Skittles, too."
The second book in the series does not follow the norm of book duets. A second love story is introduced and it is developed in parallel to the love story of Ellis and Camilla. The second story is about Ellis’ cousin, Grayson, and Camilla’s sister, Sasha.

Grayson is a prisoner of an ill relationship that it was forced to him by his father and grandfather. Sasha tries to recover her drug addiction with the help of Grayson who used to be an ex-drug addict.
Their story will be full with ups and downs. Grayson will show interest and then he will be cold again. Sasha will push him away and then she will try to stay with him for as long as possible.

Ellis and Camilla are happy and they seem to have found a balance in their relationship. But there are still secrets that need to be revealed and memories that will surface. The conclusion will be a gift from god for the newly created couple.

The story most of the times, with all this drama, felt like I watching a soap opera. Lots of despair and tears. And suddenly the end result which is exactly what the main characters need.

I really enjoyed reading this book and the addition of the second story with the four points of view (Ellis, Camilla, Grayson and Sasha) was rather refreshing.
Moreover, I appreciated the way the little boy, Liam, is presented. He is lovable and true to his age.



💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN THE STORY OF GREYSON AND SASHA, THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER BOOK WHICH IS STANDALONE. 
(I didn't have the chance to read it yet)

The Price: Greyson and Sasha's Story  (The Terms Duet)  by Ruby Rowe 


SUMMARY


38125493Greyson Burke had become my everything.
He paid for my drug rehab and put a roof over my head.
He provided me with a job and showed by example how hard work and responsibility could lead me to greatness.
He said I was strong, pretty and smart.
He professed his love for me and claimed I’d be his forever.
I believed Greyson could do no wrong until I learned of the astonishing decision he’d made.
In a breath, my beautiful new world went up in flames, and my instinct was to run from the fire.
Nothing could snuff out the truth; the fact I would never be enough for him. How could I be after all he’d given up?

The Terms Duet must be read prior to this novel. The Price: Greyson and Sasha’s Story contains explicit language, graphic sex, and references of past sexual abuse to one of the characters.

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου